>In fact, I'm not sure that I would ever use SIGNAL to break out of a complex
>nested loop structure even if it DID greatly simplify the logic.

It doesn't necessarily. You can end up with indeterminate results.

>In fact, I don't even like named LEAVE; I leave each level seperately.

LEAVE & ITERATE only manage the current level.
Again, if it allowed for more, what would your state be?
I have no problem with managing them with flags, but a single one should only
manage one construct.

-
Too busy driving to stop for gas!