Tom Quarendon wrote:
It's suprising to me that I've got a value in the IOBECBCC field but that the ECB hasn't been posted. It means that the program logic:

  1. build your channel program
  2. execute using EXCP
  3. some time later wait on the ECB to see it's complete
  4. check the completion code and sense bytes for error.

which is basically what the documentation says to do isn't sufficient. You need an unspecified step 2a, "check for some unknown conditions and perform some unspecified recovery".

I suspect your program is doing something wrong (clearing the ECB at the wrong time?). We have products that use EXCP extensively and they do not have a step "2a".

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc