Norm, The subcommand to release a volume is
RMM DV volser RELEASE
Without fail, that will release it for return to scratch or whatever else the
release actions are. To do a complete chain, you can use RMM to build the
commands;
RMM SV VOLUME(volser) CHAIN LIMIT(*) CLIST('RMM DV ',' RELEASE')
Then run the exec created by that command.

Those commands can run in the batch TMP or within a Rexx exec or CLIST.

Mike Wood    RMM Development