> How is SRB to TCB percolation instantiated?

RTM1 looks for and dispatches any FRRs that are active. When all of
those have percolated, it locates the designated "victim" TCB (hidden
under a rock at SCHEDULE time) and schedules an ABTERM to that task.

That victim task's current recovery routine (if any) gets an SDWA with
the SDWAERRx flags set to indicate the task/RB wasn't in control at the
time of the error. If you don't spot those the error can be an utter
mystery.

> Is an automatic FRR added which does the percolation if nothing
recovers?

No. It is RTM itself that does all of that.

> Stored somewhere in memory?

Well obviously it must be, but it is not something you can change. The
identity of the victim is placed in SRBPTCB prior to the SCHEDULE macro
being issued. The system stores that under a rock prior to dispatching
the SRB and in the SSRB if the SRB is suspended. You can probably figure
out what rock that is, but it would be a bad idea to try to change it.

As an OBTW, I really don't like this particular behavior. It was a
cheesy way to indicate to the scheduler that the SRB had gone belly up.
It is a royal pain in the butt dealing with asynchronous abends arising
from this particular piece of arcana. I never set the purge TCB address
in SRBs that I use. Something a little more elegant is called for.

CC