-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Timur Alpaslan
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 9:11 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: AT&T Network Client Connection Problems

Hi all!

Today I'm away from the office/home and try to connect to my company
networ= k through AT&T Network Client and getting nowhere.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the client, and  disabled the Symantec
Firewal= l but NO HELP.

Still getting=20
"The connection timed out waiting for the VPN server to respond. This
can o= ccur if your computer is behind a firewall that does not permit
UDP or IPSe= c traffic. Contact your local network administrator for
assistance. (229)"

Has someone been to such a problem and where to change any security
setting= s if necessary.  At home it works fine.=20
<SNIP>

Just based on what you have posted, and having had a similar experience
with a W/XP Pro system:

Check the firewall you are using. If you are running Windows Firewall,
you will need to change it to allow the program or the protocol.

If using, say, Zone Alarm on W/2K, you will need to configure it to
allow the communications.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --