Ted --

I also would lean towards "C. Some sort of discount".

I also think the rate for general CPU could be lowered due to zXXP engines
(I borrow Kathy Walsh's shorthand). Your *users* do not necessarily have
control over whether there work goes to zXXP or not. Some of this depends on
how many zXXP you have installed and available in LPARs relative to the
amount of work that could use the zXXP.

If you lower the general CPU rate you are passing on some of the platform's
lower TCO with zXXP to *all* the users/customers.

If you carry this far enough you lower the general CPU rate, and then you
could use your option "A. The same as for regular CPU."!

Al Sherkow, I/S Management Strategies, Ltd.
Consulting Expertise on Capacity Planning, Performance Tuning,
WLC, LPARs, IRD and LCS Software
Seminars on IBM SW Pricing, LPARs, and IRD
Voice: +1 414 332-3062
Web: www.sherkow.com