David:

When you pick up the length of the parm field, make sure it's not zero and if
not, decrement it by one and execute the MVC to save it in your initialized
area:

L        R1,0(,R1)
LH      R2, 0(,r1)
LTR    R2,R2
BZ     NOPARM
BCTR  R2,R0
EX     R2,SAVEPRM
B       ...........
SAVEPRM  MVC   MYPARM(0),2(r1)
MPARM      DC    cl8' '                          Initially 8 bytes of blanks

Bill> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:54:37 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject:
Simple newbie file tailoring question> To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> > Anyone,> >
I'm working with a skeleton that generates an EXEC statement that looks like >
this:> > //STEP1 EXEC PGM=MYPROG,REGION=4M,PARM='&ZUSER'> > I wish to pass the
value in ZUSER to MYPROG, but I see that if the TSO userid > is < 8 characters
long, the trailing blanks from the ZUSER variable are > truncated, and are not
being passed to my assembler application. I.e., if the > userid is "USER1", I
get a 5-byte parm string instead of an 8-byte parm string > padded with blanks
(or nulls, or anything).> > Is there a way to prevent the truncation, so that
my application always > receives a full eight-byte value, preferably
blank-padded?> > Thank you!> > David> >
IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,> send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO> Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html>