we have an old vendor written product (MEMO) which we could not change
and which was getting a b0a-5c abend under z/os 1.9 and we had to change
the default to ALLOWUSERKEYCSA=YES.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Zelden
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 8:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: allowuserkeycsa

On Sun, 4 May 2008 22:42:54 -0500, Tom Eden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I would like to know how many are specifying allowuserkeycsa=yes in a
z/OS
>1.9 environment and if there have been any issues?

No one would have issues with running with the YES setting.  The OS has
always allowed it in the past.   The issues may come with allowing it to
default to NO.  However, changing the default can be a system integrity
exposure.  Search the archives for plenty on this subject.

If you are going to let it default or specify NO, make sure you can test
this
well first.  Even without testing, if you have a common storage monitor,
or download MXI from the CBT you can find out who / what is using
KEY 8 CSA (the most common violator).   Even without a monitor you
can take a console dump of any ASID that includes common storage
and you can use IPCS to find out who is using KEY 8 CSA (MXI is far
easier).  Again, search the archives for information on all of this.

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden