Well, if ya'll remember, we've had a spate of COBOL File Status codes of

97 since we split our z/OS image in two. This occurs when the file is
open
for OUTPUT on one image and a COBOL program opens the same file for
INPUT
on the other image.

Well, we have another File Status. This time with a code of 90. The
diagnostics for that are not as obvious, but the question is the same.
Is
this do to the LPAR split? If so, how do we "fix" it. I don't know off
hand. None, or maybe only few, of our COBOL program use the extended
FILE
STATUS phrase to get VSAM codes. This particular program does not. The
only IEC161I messages that I see in the job are the ones which normally
have a file status of 97, not 90.

Any preliminary help before I tell the programmer to change the program
so
that it displays the VSAM file status codes as well? Everybody knows
what
the response to that will be: "We never had to do that in the past!!!"
<sigh>. I hate this splitting of the image in twain. It is rooting out
all
sorts of "bugs".

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.