Here's the JCL I used to create a 3 volume zFS dataset for the SMPNTS.

//DEFINE  EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD *
 DELETE SYS3.OMVS.SMPE.SMPNTS
 DEFINE CLUSTER (NAME(SYS3.OMVS.SMPE.SMPNTS) +
        CYLINDER(10001 10001)     /*  MOD 9  */ +
        STORAGECLASS(ENVRLG) +
        DATACLASS(LDSXV3) +
        LINEAR +
        SHAREOPTIONS(2) )
//*
//CREATE EXEC PGM=IOEAGFMT,REGION=0M,
//* NOTE: continuation must start beyond column 16
// PARM=('-aggregate SYS3.OMVS.SMPE.SMPNTS -compat
//              -size 2700270 -grow 900090')           MOD9
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//STDOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//STDERR   DD SYSOUT=*

You need to define a mountpoint (I usually do this under ISH or OMVS):

Mkdir SMPNTS

Then you need to mount it:

//MOUNT   EXEC PGM=IKJEFT1B,REGION=8M,DYNAMNBR=75
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN  DD *
   MOUNT FILESYSTEM('SYS3.OMVS.SMPE.SMPNTS')        +
         TYPE(ZFS)                                  +
         MODE(RDWR)                                 +
         MOUNTPOINT('/SMPNTS')

Alan