<snip>
Check your dump logs. I have found that HSM will retry the failed dump
at some point prior to the end of dump processing.
<snip>

That's what I thought but it didn't. I even looked at the FSRs and the
only occurrence is for the dump failure. When it's the first file on the
tape and gets an error, there are two FSRs, one with the error and one
with c/c=0.
I don't know if it makes a difference that I have two dumpclasses for each
volume, a local and a D/R copy. But it was that way when HSM redumped OK.

Jack Kelly
202-502-2390 (Office)