bpxmtext 11B3005A
 BPXVFPCT 10/25/06
 JRFSNotStart: The file system specified was not started

 Action: The File_system_type specified must match one of the FILESYSTYPE
 statements in the BPXPRMxx parmlib member.

Does "D OMVS,PFS" show all the FILSYSTYPEs you think it should?

Bob

John Mattson wrote:
Jumping from OS390 2.10 to zOS 1.08. I have a sandbox LPAR pretty much running everything, and now I am trying to put on some bells and whistles. I have followed this thread with GREAT interest and I am working thru the RedBook right now. First I thought I would get zFS up and working, on the old HFS files. Naturally, something else has broken, TCPIP. 1) I Put in the PARMLIB(IOEPRM00) discussed in this thread, and checked my PROCLIB(ZFS) 2) I Updated BPXPRM__) with the ZFS and things got messy. By the way, using SETOMVS RESET=(F0) does NOT work the same as an IPL. Just FYI. You can RESET a parmlib member that will cause everything to work, but that does not mean that the same parmlib member will work on IPL. I think because RESET just ADDs and/or replaces, but does not delete. Might investigate this later. My old BPXPRM__ had FILESTYPE's like this. FILESYSTYPE TYPE(UDS) ENTRYPOINT(BPXTUINT) FILESYSTYPE TYPE(CINET) ENTRYPOINT(BPXTCINT) /* MULTI IP STACKS */ SUBFILESYSTYPE NAME(TCPIP) TYPE(CINET) ENTRYPOINT(EZBPFINI) DEFAULT SUBFILESYSTYPE NAME(TCPMQ) TYPE(CINET) ENTRYPOINT(EZBPFINI) I tried add/replace FILESYSTYPE TYPE(ZFS) ENTRYPOINT(IOEFSCM) ASNAME(ZFS,'SUB=MSTR') PARM('PRM=(00)') In every combination I can think of and ZFS subsystem does start. But when I try to start TCPIP I get EZZ4203I Z/OS UNIX - TCP/IP CONNECTION ERROR FOR TCPIP-BPX1PCT,8000000D,FFFFFFFF,00000079,11B3005A EZZ4203I Z/OS UNIX - TCP/IP CONNECTION ERROR FOR TCPIP-BPX1PCT,C0000005,FFFFFFFF,00000079,11B3005A
EZZ9315E TCP/IP WAITING FOR RESOLVER TO INITIALIZE
Messages not much help. Anyone have a quick and dirty answer for this?