-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 3:55 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Where do I find Instruction/Function Defs

Edward Jaffe wrote:
> Thompson, Steve wrote:
>> I have been searching IBM-Main, and the current PoOP, as well as a
>> few Migration manuals.
<SNIP>

It sounds to me like Steve was after some point in time
where he could use extended immediate instructions. The
answer is: it's not in the software but in the hardware.
As you pointed out, if you are running a z9 or z10, the
instructions are available, regardless of what release
of z/OS you are running.
<SNIP>

Yes, that is what I was after, but I thought I might find it listed in
some pre-reqs for a release level of z/OS.

So, I have to drop those instructions until the O/S requires a hardware
level that includes them.

Thank you all for your quick replies.

Regards,
Steve Thompson

-- All opinions expressed by me are my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of my employer. --