On Thu, 15 May 2008 11:28:51 -0500, Roberto Ibarra
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>This might sound like a RACF-L posting but think it has more to do with
>operating system, please let me know:
>
>when we do tests on a recovery site we have to change the DOMAIN parameter
>in SYS1.PARMLIB(CSFPRMxx) to the domain that the HW people tell us. In order
>to avoid asking them (just a time issue). I've been doing some tests
>eliminating the DOMAIN parameter so ICSF could take it from the HW??? as the
>ICSF SPs Guide says:
>
>“...If DOMAIN is not specified in the options data set, ICSF determines
>which domains are available in this LPAR. If only one domain is defined for
>the LPAR, ICSF will use it...”
>
>obviously this will work fine if there is only one domain per LPAR if that
>changes anytime, then as stated:
>
>“...ICSF will issue error message CSFM409E...”
>
>Question is: is there any way to “display” from the operating system (or
>from a REXX program, something like IPLINFO maybe?) the Current domain index
>or Usage domain index?? sure ICSF takes it from somewhere in the system, but
>where?
>
>Think I should post this in the RACF-L??
>
>Thanks in advance for any help!

You probably know this already, but if you see it from the ICSF ISPF panels
if it comes active.  But I assume you are asking for the case where more
than one is assigned and you want to find out.

BTW,  we use a system symbol for domain and specify that in our
CSF parms.  For DR there is a different IEASYMxx that has the correct
domain.  This goes back to when you had to have domain in there (or
at least when I thought you had to have it in there - and still may be
required if running on older hardware).

Mark
--
Mark Zelden