From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David Cole
Sent: 23 May 2008 19:35
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Controlling the execution sequence of dependant jobs in JES2 (the
details)

>Ever considered using SCLM?

No. I've never examined SCLM. Sounds like I should get off by lazy butt and
check it out.

>and it all runs in one batch job

Well.... For a full gen, that would run to somewhere near a thousand steps.
Doesn't that blow JES2's JCT limit? (or something like that...)

Dave

At 5/23/2008 02:30 PM, Rob Scott wrote:
>Dave,
>
>Ever considered using SCLM? - one of its strengths is controlling what
>actually has been updated and what to build as a consequence.
>
>There is some initial pain to define exactly what makes up the product
>using its own "ARCHDEF" language - however after that it is a breeze to
>re-gen the product - and it all runs in one batch job in the correct
>sequence.
>
>The price is right too.....
>
>Rob Scott
>Rocket Software, Inc
>275 Grove Street
>Newton, MA 02466
>617-614-2305
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html