Mark:

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Mike

On Tue, 27 May 2008 13:59:46 -0400, Mike Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I seem to recall seeing some restrictions on the ability to share USS files
between LPARs in a basic sysplex, although I don't remember where I saw the
reference.

Perhaps in a recent thread where there seemed to be some confusion.

<snip>

>What is required to protect USS files (if shared) against concurrent update
>corruption? And, can a basic sysplex (as opposed to a parallel sysplex)
manage >that?

A properly configured shared file system in either a basic or parallel sysplex.

Have a look at the chapter on sharing file systems in a sysplex in the
UNIX System Services Planning manual.   I think the doc is pretty good.
If you have questions after that, let us know.

Regards,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are confidential, may be
privileged and may contain copyright material. You may only reproduce or
distribute material if you are expressly authorized by us to do so. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email (and
any attachments) is unauthorized. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender and immediately delete this e-mail and any copies of
it from your system.