***  keeping old topic for the archives ***
I just had a need to access JCL symbols from a program. The below 2 steps
[really the last one, the first is merely a convenience] capture the full
original
JCL at the bottom of ISFOUT, which can be then read and parsed
programmatically:

//* (1) SUBSTITUTE &JOBNAME
//GENTEMP  EXEC PGM=EZACFSM1
//SYSIN    DD   *
  PRE &JOBNAME
  OWNER
  DA
  FIND &JOBNAME
  ++?
  FIND JESJCL
  ++S
/*
//SYSOUT   DD  UNIT=VIO,DISP=(,PASS),SPACE=(TRK,(1,1)),
//             DCB=(BLKSIZE=80,LRECL=80,RECFM=FB)
//* (2) CAPTURE JESJCL DISPLAY
//SDSFBTCH EXEC PGM=SDSF
//ISFIN    DD  DISP=(OLD,DELETE),DSN=*.GENTEMP.SYSOUT
//ISFOUT   DD  SYSOUT=*

Hope this helps,
-Victor-