From:   IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent:   Monday, June 02, 2008 3:49 PM
To:     IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject:        Re: SMP/E Error

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:39:04 -0500, Miller, Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Anybody seen this before?  We're simply trying to do a RECEIVE FROMNETWORK.
 We've done it successfully numerous times in the last year:

>GIM69208S ** RECEIVE PROCESSING HAS FAILED BECAUSE THE LEVEL OF PROGRAM
GIMJVCLT
>             (34.09) IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE LEVEL OF THE SMP/E CALLING
>             PROGRAM GIMSMP (34.13).
>
>GIMVCLT is in the following path: /usr/lpp/smp/classes/com/ibm/smp/

Are you STEPLIBing to a higher level of SMP/E then the running system?
Or did you not clone your UNIX root file the last time you applied
maintenance along with your sysres?

If you know where the proper level is, you can mount it at /service (or whatever
your service directory name is) and specify the path name in the SMPCPATH DD
or CLIENT parms:

//CLNTINFO DD *
  <CLIENT
  classpath="/service/usr/lpp/smp/classes/">
  </CLIENT>
/*

--
Mark Zelden