Date:    Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:26:43 EDT
From:    Ed Finnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 3290 partitions   was Re: 3270 Software for Mac

In a message dated 6/12/2008 10:03:08 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The only 3290's we ever had were used as consoles, so I never had
a  chance to play with this. I think ISPF supported them at one time
(maybe  still does).

Somebody gave us a few 3290's many moons  ago but not the 3174
feature. So we ended up paying and then we  needed another Meg and
then we needed the hard disk it kept going  downhill. I think they were
a major contributor to TN3270 conversion.  The fact that IBM held the cash
cow so long-think they were still charging  $1400 for a 20MB hard drive when
commercial 60 GB were under a  $100US.

Then maybe from this list we found large  screen VGA support for INFO/Windows
and that was pretty much the end of  3174's.

Think VSPLIT was the ISPF contribution but it  was alien to the way
most folks operated and never garnered much  enthusiasm.