We did this test also, a GET from LINUX, and the throughput is the same.

François Paré

-----Message d'origine-----
De : IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de
Andrew Armstrong
Envoyé : 18 juin 2008 08:10
À : IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Objet : Re: Slow FTP transfer from z/OS to Unix

François,

You say throughput is bad for a PUT from the mainframe to the Linux server.
Check the throughput when, from the mainframe, you do a GET from the Linux
server. If the throughput is good in only one direction then this, in my
experience, is the classic symptom of a full duplex/half duplex mismatch.
Check the lights on the m/f and linux switch ports - they should both be
FDX/100. If not, you may have to get your network people to lock the switch
ports at FDX/100 instead of letting them auto-negotiate.

BTW, 900 KB/sec is pretty good for a 10 Mbps ethernet link, but not for a
100 Mpbs link. I would expect about 11 MB/sec for a 100 Mbps end-to-end
(i.e. with no 10 Mbps hops in between).

If all else fails, you can do a packet trace. If you see lots of packet
re-transmissions then it's probably network-related.

Cheers,
A.