Thanks for your feedback, Ted.  I have passed it along to my MVS systems
programmers.

Cathy

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:00:23 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>Although I am starting to question the value of VIO...
>
>As well you should.
>As a performance/capacity analyst for over 27 years, I used to recommend
VIO for small datasets (small has increased over that period), but now I don't
think it's worth it, any more.

>DASD is so fast, cache and channels are fast and we can do in memory
buffering, so VIO is (mostly) a thing of the past.