I believe that your company is/was using CA MICS for mainframe chargeback,
however my information may be dated.  And, after the acquisition of Mellon,
I'm surprised that the legacy MICS systems were never consolidated.  You
may want to inquire with colleagues about whether CA MICS is still used for
collecting IT resource measurement data.

Regardless, your interest about "what information do we need to collect" will
be driven by the objective/initiative to determine how important is it to track
each IT cost driver area and to what level of accuracy?  A Finance
Department management type would have an opinion on this topic, especially
since they are likely the ones involved with allocating funds and IT resources
to business units for their projects.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.