System REXX is not the same environment as TSO, so there are limitations of
what you an do. Don't assume evey component that comes out with a REXX
API (like TCP/IP, SDSF, IGGCSI00) is going to work under System REXX. Nor
that the z/OS manuals (not REXX manuals) that document System REXX are
going to be updated to say which components won't work. Likewise I do not
expect the SDSF REXX folks will make a claim about whether it works under
System REXX as they would have written it for TSO REXX.

I'm not quite ready to jump into the same type of testing but will be soon. You
say you can not mix them, so I trust you took working SDSF REXX code and
placed it into your System REXX code and have all the necessary load modules
available to AXR? And looked up the error status from whatever failed?