From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Al Chu
Sent: Thursday, 3 July 2008 5:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: want to read a dataset in use

Hi

I am not a sysprog nor an expert.
I want to read a dataset(seq) which is created by JCL DISP=(NEW,) of a long
running job while the job is running. When i try to browse the dataset using

ISPF, I have 'dataset in use' msg.
I tried to rename the dataset using IDCAMS ALTER in the next step after the
creation step and tried to read the renamed dataset, but still no good.
The last step is the long running step which writes some records in the
dataset.

Is it possible? am i wasting time?
Thanks in advance

Al