I switched to FTP after attempting to use PCOMM - less forehead botox exercises
& less stress.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Pinnacle
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: PCOMM file xfer question (and rant)

Can anybody tell me how to turn off the bleeping RECFM(V) that PCOMM insists on
adding to every binary transfer to the mainframe?  Never mind that this is a
brain-dead option, but I've been up, down, and sideways through that brain-dead
dialog, and I can't find it.  I also tried Extra, but it looks like the PCOMM
and Extra developers got together to create the same
brain-dead file transfer dialog.   I just love the way they populate the PC
filename into the MVS filename field, but you can't just overtype, noooo.
You have to type the MVS name into another file box and hit Apply.
Brilliant!  I'm forced to do this because my client uses Citrix and these are
the only supported emulators.  I don't know how you guys that have to use PCOMM
and Extra can stand it.  Thank God for Vista.

There, I feel better now.
Tom Conley

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html