From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John
Reid
Sent: 08 July 2008 17:08
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Use count for LPA modules

Hello,

I have a question about the use count for LPA modules.

The other day all the IMS message processing regions started showing messages
'CSV002I REQUESTS FOR MODULE 'modname' EXCEED MAXIMUM USE COUNT'. This lasted
for five minutes and then everything was ok again.
The module 'modname' is a module loaded in the LPA using the SYS1.PARMLIB
IEALPAaa member.

It seems that this problem happened once before, some time ago, and it was
thought that it was due to activity in another address space.

Could someone please explain to me how the use count applies for an LPA module
? Does the 32K load limit mean that the sum of the LOADs (without corresponding
DELETEs) of the same LPA module in all address spaces in the system cannot
exceed 32K at any one time ?

Thanks.

Regards,
John Blythe Reid,
Barcelona.

Explore the seven wonders of the world

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html