Our automation starts the process at 23:59:59 with "W L" followed by starting a
job with "S CONSOLE" which writes the syslog to tape GDG (30 levels), prints a
copy for our report archival system and is kept for a few years, and then
copies the tape to a disk GDG (3 levels).
//CONSOLE  PROC
//*
//IEFPROC  EXEC PGM=IASXWR00,PARM=PL
//IEFRDER  DD UNIT=TAPE,VOLUME=(,RETAIN,,2),DISP=(,CATLG),
//            DSNAME=CONSOLE.DAILY.OUT.TO.TAPE(+1)
//*
//PRINT    EXEC PGM=IEBGENER
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1   DD DISP=(OLD,PASS),UNIT=TAPE,
//            DSN=*.IEFPROC.IEFRDER
//SYSUT2   DD SYSOUT=U         SYSOUT CLASS FOR OUR REPORT ARCHIVAL SYSTEM
//*
//COPY     EXEC PGM=IEBGENER,COND=EVEN
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD DUMMY
//SYSUT1   DD DISP=OLD,DSN=*.IEFPROC.IEFRDER
//SYSUT2   DD DISP=(,CATLG),DSN=CONSOLE.DAILY.OUT.TO.DISK(+1),
//            UNIT=DISK,SPACE=(TRK,(2400,100),RLSE),MGMTCLAS=MNIG9
//*