Daniel,

> Ready to IPL our test 1.9 and the SMS question came up. Is the version as

> laid down by the build process enough to bring up the system? My boss is
> concerned since we're in a shared DASD world.

My z/OS guys would bring it up for the first time in the sandbox and have
me active a real configuration quickly thereafter. If you want to be sure
you have something valid before the ipl, you could do a SETSMS
SAVEACDS(your.new.acds.dsn) to put your SMS configuration in the new acds
dataset.
Regards,
John