I believe that CA ESP has agents that will support a large number of platforms.
The bad news is that it is CA.

The master runs on z/os, of course.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kurt
Eastwood
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:09 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Enterprise Scheduler

Hello,

We currently have a home-grown scheduling package running on our mainframe
which is used to schedule jobs on the mainframe as well as on some Unix boxes.
There is a desire to move away from this home-grown scheduler to an 'Enterprise
Scheduler' that will run on a server with an as yet unnamed operating system
but be able to schedule and interface jobs on the mainframe running z/OS as
well as on other machines running Unix, Windows, etc.

Is anyone doing this type of scheduling and if so can you share what operating
system is running on the server hosting the scheduling software? What type of
other operating systems is this scheduler interfacing with? Have you run into
any major difficulties implementing this type of scheduling system?

I realize this is not strictly a mainframe question so if anyone has a
different forum I can address my question to please direct me to that forum.

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Kurt

intended
information.
distribution