On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 08:05:15 -0500, Mark Zelden
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>It does spit out a warning when you do this.    I know because we catalog
>IODFs that way and I catalog my zFS files that way in one environment that
>shares the sysres set but spans multiple sysplexes / monoplexes / master
>catalogs.   Someday I may change that to do something with symbolicrelate
>instead, but this hasn't caused any problems so far.

We use a common usercatalog for IODF's across sysplexes / monoplexes.
Same for non-root, non-target HFS'.  Sysplex root and IBM supplied HFS' are
SYS1, so non-managed, no VVDS considerations.  Just easier for us.

Regards,
Art Gutowski
Ford Motor Company