[ Replying to myself ]

It occurred to me after I sent this that your member2 list might also
need de-duping in positions 2 - 7.  Revisions indicated with <** to the
right.

> ICETOOL can do this easily (assumes LRECL=80):
>
> //SPLICE01 EXEC PGM=ICETOOL
> //TOOLMSG  DD SYSOUT=*
> //DFSMSG   DD SYSOUT=*
> //PRINT    DD SYSOUT=*
> //IND1     DD DISP=SHR,DSN=my.input.file(member1)
> //IND2     DD DISP=SHR,DSN=my.input.file(member2)
> //OUTD     DD DISP=(,CATLG),DSN=my.output.file,
> //            UNIT=SYSDA,SPACE=(CYL,(1,1),RLSE)
> //TEMP     DD DISP=(MOD,PASS),DSN=&&TEMP,
> //            UNIT=WORKDA,SPACE=(CYL,(2,1),RLSE)
> //CTL1CNTL DD *
>  OUTREC FIELDS=(X,1,80)
> /*
> //CTL2CNTL DD *
>  OUTREC FIELDS=(1,80,X)
> /*
> //TOOLIN   DD *
>  COPY FROM(IND1) TO(TEMP) USING(CTL1)
>  SELECT  FROM(IND2) TO(TEMP) -       <**
>          ON(2,7,CH) -                <**
>          FIRST -                     <** (or LAST; your choice)
>          USING(CTL2)                 <**
>  SELECT  FROM(TEMP) TO(OUTD) -
>          ON(2,7,CH) -
>          NODUPS
> /*

Also, if the last byte of member1's records is not needed, you can
change the OUTREC in CTL1 to:

//CTL1CNTL DD *
 OUTREC FIELDS=(X,1,79)

and omit the USING(CTL2) from the first SELECT statement (and omit the
CTL2CNTL statement entirely).

    -jc-