Your error is caused by "quote mode b".

Is block mode supported between windows and z/OS ?

Earl

Gilbert Cardenas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
07/24/2008 06:02 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
FTP from windows to z/os error code 451

Hello all, I am trying to FTP an LCDS type file from a windows server to a
z/OS
1.7 mainframe and then submit jcl to print that dataset using iebgener
however, I keep getting the following error :

451
Error error closing the data set. File is catalogued.
Explanation:
The MVS data set did not close successfully. The data set was catalogued.
error is not meaningful.

System action:
FTP continues processing.

User response:
Change the CONDDISP setting with a SITE subcommand if you do not want
data sets to be catalogued when file transfers fail. See the z/OS
Communications Server: IP User's Guide and Commands for information about
the SITE subcommand.

System programmer response:
None.

Here are the commands I am passing :

quote mode b
quote type e
quote site recfm=vbm
put c:\tmp\META2113 'META2113.LCDS.FILE'
quote mode s
quote type a
quote site recfm=fb lrecl=80 blksize=27920
quote site filetype=jes
site jeslrecl=80
put c:\tmp\FTP.JCL.2113
bye
quit

I am verifying that the mainframe file is not cataloged prior to the ftp
so the
message is somewhat  misleading.
Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Gil.

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential and prohibited from
disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail or the
information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the
sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
return the material received to the sender and delete all copies
from your system.