Dooley, Robert wrote:
Q1:  I have tried, unsuccessfully, to interrogate the JCTCLASS field in EXIT
52.  Should JCTCLASS (or JCTJCLAS) be available in EXIT 52?

Since a perfectly valid thing for Exit 52 to do is to change CLASS=x on the job card, I would say no.

Q2:  Sort of related to Q1.  Please excuse my JES2 naïveté, albeit how do I
dump a control block?  I have reviewed $TRACE and it is not obvious to me how
to accomplish such an obvious request.   I have reviewed some of the source in
SHASSRC that shows how IBM is doing it for the $XPL when using $TRACEDEF...etc
to create $TRCFIL.   However I have to believe that there is an easier way to
do this.

I find IF SLIP traps and IPCS sufficient to my needs.

Bob