Brian,

glad I made your day! :-) :-) :-)

Actually, I knew the fact that ISGLOCK has only *locks* in its structure. After
all, I use response times and error times of ISGLOCK as a performance indicator
on the basis 'if it's bad for ISGLOCK, it must be worse for everyone else'.

Note that I was rather vague about how the IRLM structure and the DB2 buffer
pools work! (Because I simply don't know about it!) And I had hoped to get Bill
Neimans attention because I always wanted to know *if* the sizer determines
sizes by knowing about *how* the structure is used. (In the old days, there was
a general section in the PR/SM book that gave this information. The book
wasn't really updated on a regular basis to include the new(er) structures!)

But thanks for the reference to the book. One of these years, I'll try to read
it, too!

But having thought about Martins question last night while working in the
garden: I am convinced that the answer for basically *all* structures is the
same: The ever famous "it depends!" (Now Martin, as a performance guy, don't
you just like an answer like this?)

Best regards, Barbara
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/[EMAIL PROTECTED]