Lucy:  Glad to help.  It now means that you can have your IBM
ServerPac's delivered on 1-2 3590 tape(s) instead of a box of 3490's.

You can also use ISMF 2.3 to list the VolSer's ie. M*, once the VolEnt's
have been created.  In particular, check out Field 20: Owner
Information, which can be used to identify the tape's purpose.
Unfortunately, you can't use ISMF to create the Volume Entry.  (that *I*
know of)

VOLUME
SERIAL                    OWNER INFORMATION
-(2)-- --------------------------(20)-------
M637AA 5751-CS9 Z/OS V1R8 SERVERPAC CREATED: 03JAN2007 DLB001 1OF2
M637AB 5751-CS9 Z/OS V1R8 SERVERPAC CREATED: 03JAN2007 DLB001 2OF2

ps.  as you can see, we do the work in a batch job but it could also be
automated into Rexx or Clist with TSO panels if you desire/have the
[local] expertise.
---------->  signature = 6 lines follows <--------------
Neil Duffee, Joe SysProg, U d'Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
telephone:1 613 562 5800 x4585                 fax:1 613 562 5161
mailto:NDuffee of uOttawa.ca     http:/ /aix1.uottawa.ca/ ~nduffee
"How *do* you plan for something like that?" Guardian Bob, Reboot
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."
"Systems Programming: Guilty, until proven innocent" John Norgauer 2004