>>There used to always be an IBM-MAIN table at SCIDS.  I think it had
>disappeared last time I was there.
>
>I heard SHARE requested it be disbanded because only SHARE
>projects or programs were allowed official tables.  This may have
>happened when "SCIDS" was replaced by "Meet the Projects".

Rumors are fun to read. As with anything you read or hear, check the facts.
Being a little closer to the truth - SHARE never really had tables, Projects
and
Programs had a volunteer who carted the banner and method to keep it
upright to and from the conference. If a Project did not bring a banner then
they had no banner. Over time, banners (flags) have been extended to include
a card for Rexx, a dinosaur, a spider, and some other variations. Somewhere
before my time, the MVS SCP Project was carting the IBM-MAIN banner (flag)
and stand and the MVS banner and stand. In my time we discussed coming up
with something lighter and newer. Then the volunteer who had it, left it home
since we were still talking about the redesign. So when it wasn't brought to
one conference, no one seemed to notice, and we just stopped bringing it. No
one at SHARE asked us to stop putting it up as far as I know.

More recently we learned the company that supports SHARE in running the
user group was sheparding banners for other projects and the MVS banner is
now handled in this fashion. We still have our own stand. IBM-MAIN is sitting
in someone's house.

A few years back, SHARE started a Meet the Projects Reception and prints a
poster card for each Project that is willing to 'staff' the table on Sunday
night.
That card is not put on tables, projects still need their own thingy. And where
Projects were supposed to pick up their own thingy from the HQ room on
Sunday afternoon, or bring it to the conference, the staff are now putting
them up on Sunday. MVS SCP then handles taking down the MVS banner each
night and setting it up at the next reception. After Thursday it goes back in a
case, off to Chicago, and shows up at the next conference.

Trying to get one volunteer to take it home worked while they made it to the
next conference. If they could not, then they had to ship it someone who
thought they would be going. That ws getting tricky, so letting it go with the
cases of conference stuff back to Chicago is working quite well.