I worked for Braniff Airways back in the early '80s. Just before it went
bankrupt for the first time. All employees there were told something
like: "10% of your salary is going to be taken into a fund. If the
company becomes profitable again, you will get this back." I.e. we got a
10% pay cut, but not stated as a pay cut. And we still paid income taxes
on that 10% which we never saw again.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged
and/or confidential.  It is for intended addressee(s) only.  If you are
reproduction, distribution or other use of this communication is
strictly prohibited and could, in certain circumstances, be a criminal
offense.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by reply and delete this message without copying or disclosing
it.