My posting of Farber's comments on COBOL was of course a provocation, and he
was certainly guilty of hyperbole:  I personally know a number of unretired
COBOL programmers.

That conceded, Farber is not at idiot.  Carnegie-Mellon has procedures in place
to ensure that no idiot becomes a full professor of computer science.  They are
filtered out at lower ranks.John GilmoreAshland, MA 01721-1817USA
Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108587394/direct/01/