On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:40:20 -0700, Craig Bakken
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Are there any caveats to moving the ownership of the filesystem while the
file system is in use or is OMVS pretty well behaved?  When we do rolling IPLs
the TWS/TWSE2E tasks are moved to an active system.  Should we move the
filesystem prior to the start of the TWS tasks or can it be done anytime?

Our strategy is to put the command to move it into the LPAR running TWS at
IPL time; smaller of the two z9s. If that LPAR ever goes down we do the
AUTOMOVE in case this LPAR going down caused a Capacity Backup situation
and then TWS would be brought up on the other z9. We would ensure the
TWS zFS file was mounted on this LPAR and not other LPARs on the same
machine taking steps to get the zFS file system mounted R/W on the CBU
LPAR which would now run TWS.

jim