On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:41:29 -0700, Jeff Beech-Garwood
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>We need to point to a new DNS server. Can this be done
>>without stopping >TCPIP? Maybe through a modify command?

>You can change/add the NSINTERADDR in your TCPIP.DATA file and
>issue F RESOLVER,REFRESH.

If you aren't using GLOBAL or DEDFAULT resolver parms you don't even
need to do that.  Just make the change in your SYSTCPD dataset(s).

On the other hand, if you are running a name server on MVS (and
pointing your RESOLVER to it), changing NSINTERADDR in your
TCPIP.DATA datasets won't do you any good.  You will have to
change the list in your name server configuration file(s) and perform
an rncd reload.  If you don't have rndc set up I think you have to
bounce the name servers.

Pat O'Keefe