a z/OS batch job FTPing an MVS dataset to a non-MVS (perhaps windows)
server.  The data contains a .. (two periods), which seems to be treated on
the receiving end as a CRLF (they are stripped out and the following
characters are on a new line justified left). My thought is specifying ASCII
in the FTP deck. However my experimentation with an IBM site shows ASCII to
be the default there as in
150 Opening ASCII mode. I do not see that in the failing job though.

Paul