On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:24:02 -0400, Ken Porowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From: Porowski, Ken
>
>PLEX-1 has PDSE in linklist
>PLEX-2 does not have PDSE in linklist
>IEBCOPY with DISP=SHR run on PLEX-1 and got  213-70 IEBCOPY with
>DISP=SHR run on PLEX-2 ran clean LLA refresh on PLEX-1 Bounced task
>using PDSE (via linklist) on PLEX-1 (one system only, all others will
>not reference the PDSE) Task using PDSE does not get new members.
>
>Currently 'fixed' by allocating a new PDSE and loading it with the
>updated members.
>Allocated a new linklist set replacing the 'bad' PDSE with the new one.
>Activated the new linklist set on all members of PLEX-1 SETPROG
>LNKLST,UPDATE,JOB=*
>
>On a different member of PLEX-1 I tried (before the 'fix' mentioned
>above) P LLA SETPROG LNKLST,UNALLOCATE S LLA,SUB=MSTR SETPROG
>LNKLST,ALLOCATE This was definitely the wrong move, LLA would not
>initialize because of the 'broken' PDSE Linklist unable to find modules
>Abends all over the place.
>ABEND0F4 RSN24
>ABEND023 RSN17
>ABEND023 RSN201
>212-00 on DUMPSRV
>Do not try this at home!

213-70:  OPEN detected a cross-system share conflict for the PDSE.

If you did it in the order you described, there must have been some kind
of reference from plex-2.

>Fixed for now but I wonder what is the 'proper' way of handling a PDSE
>in linklist?

Don't share PDSE from another sysplex at all.  If you do break the rules by
sharing (which we do)... then it can be shared READ only.  Period.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]