On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:09:27 +0800, Tommy Tsui
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>hi all,
>Assume the TCPIP  FTP PORT is not open yet and only SNA
transmission is
>avaiable for mainframe. any other tools that can replace the APPC
suite?

I doubt I'm going to say anything Chris did not already say, but ...

We have already had reassurance on IBM-Main that APPC is not
going away, and I think we can assume the CPI-C interfaces are
pretty stable.  So the APPC Application Suite programs are going
to continue to work.  Save the libraries from a release that still
has them and continue to use them.

But even without that assurance, I have trouble understanding
your worry.  Are you currently using AFTP in an environment
FTP actually doesn't work or is disallowed?

I can hardly believe of systems that has SNA connectivity but not
IP connectivity, and  I can hardly believe of a system with TCP/IP
that does not have FTP available.  I *can* believe of systems that
might have ports 20 and 21 blocked by firewalls, and I can believe
you might have legitimate reasons to circumvent that blockage.
But it would help if you explained your actual need.

Pat O'Keefe