>> Supposedly they develop mainframe/open systems related products.
>
>The only thing I know about them is that they acquired the
>Huron/Objectstar product from Amdahl/Antares/Fujitsu several years
>ago. They may well have renamed it (indeed looking at their website,
>it seems to now be TIBCO Object Service Broker), but I believe they
>still have a development centre in the Toronto area. It runs on z/OS
>as well as several other platforms, and provides distributed database
>support, as well as an integrated development environment.

Tony H,
       Yes it does have a Developement Centre In Toronto.  Most of the old,
and I mean old, Amdahl guys are still happily working on the product from
Toronto and elsewhere around the world.  There are several other centres for
non-mainframe products.

As well as being  DBMS and developement language for several major
companies. i.e. it's initial function, Tibco use Huron, aka ObjectStar, aka
Object Service Broker as one of their gateways to mainframe data for their
non-mainframe products.

Tony B,
          If you want to know anything specific about Tibco contact me at
rmacrae at tibco dot com and I'll find someone who can help you. (If you are
looking for an unbiased opinion on the company then I guess you'll need to go
elsewhere, the website mentions quite a few customers.)

Regards, Ron MacRae, ex Amdahl, ex Softek, ex Fujitsu, ex ObjectStar
currently working in the UK for Tibco Software.