Hi folks

I've got a situation with HSM that I can't understand..

Some datasets that were apparently quite normally expired by Secondary Space
Management this morning (with return and reason code 0) don't seem to have
actually been scratched. However others, in the same and other management
classes, have been..

Anyone have any idea why this might be? They're all GDGs, however, so are the
ones that DID get scratched.

For example (names changed, of course)
 ARC0734I ACTION=EXPIRED FRVOL=ML1001 TOVOL=****** TRACKS=  1722 RC=   0,
REASON=    0, AGE= 115,
  DSN=MY.GDG.G0001V00

All looks ok.. But it's still cataloged and resident on the ML1 volume, thus:
 NONVSAM ------- MY.GDG.G0001V00
      IN-CAT --- ICFCAT.CATALOG

      HISTORY
        DATASET-OWNER-----(NULL)     CREATION--------2008.131
        RELEASE----------------2     EXPIRATION------0000.000
        ACCOUNT-INFO-----------------------------------(NULL)
        STATUS------------ACTIVE
      SMSDATA
        STORAGECLASS ------SCLASS     MANAGEMENTCLASS----MCLASS

        DATACLASS ----------BASE     LBACKUP ---XXXX.XXX.XXXX
      VOLUMES
        VOLSER------------MIGRAT     DEVTYPE------X'3010200F'     FSEQN---------
---------0
      ASSOCIATIONS
        GDG------MY.GDG
      ATTRIBUTES

The Management class definition is as follows:
MGMTCLAS EXPIRE     EXPIRE        RET    PARTIAL      PRIMARY   LEVEL 1
CMD/AUTO  # GDG ON  ROLLED-OFF  BACKUP
NAME     NON-USAGE  DATE/DAYS    LIMIT   RELEASE      DAYS      DAYS
MIGRATE   PRIMARY   GDS ACTION  FREQUENCY
--(2)--- ---(3)---  ---(4)----  --(5)--  ----(6)----  ---(7)--  --(8)--
MCLASS           30     NOLIMIT        0  YES                 0  NOLIMIT  BOTH
         ---  EXPIRE              0

This is a hot potato as we're just about to be audited on data retention
policies, where we need to demonstrate that we're not keeping data any longer
than a period pre-defined as 'than necessary'.

(Sorry if the above doesn't format correctly in the email - might have to cut
and paste out into an editor in order to view properly)

Cheers

Brian