Mark,

I converted  SYSVTOC, SYSVVDS and SYSIGGV2 on a three way MAS back when we
were still on parallel channels. The MIM file was on 3880-23 and really
loved that cache, but the benefits were substantial, especially during the
batch run hardware reserves on VTOCs and catalogs were a major pain.
Converting SYSIGGV2 was to solve some soft embrace issues we were hitting.

Did the same thing on a two way MAS a few years later at two sites that also
had a lot of the same contention. One with GRS and the other with MIM using
the Turbo option. This was on ESCON and the benefits were noticeable but not
as substantial.

I would think that converting these three Reserves would be one of the first
things you do if you go MIM or GRS, Star or ring. While they are very high
in the overall count of reserves, the rate is actually quite low. 1,000,000
reserves in day is only 11 per second. I would think twice before doing this
beyond three systems in a GRS ring though.

Ron