I don't understand the error that I'm getting from BPXWDYN when I try to
allocate an existing dataset whic is the current/latest generation of an
existing GDG.

rc = bpxwdyn("alloc fi(SYS00011) reuse msg(2) da(HLQ.MY.GDG(0)) shr")
IKJ56871I DATA SET HLQ.MY.GDG NOT ALLOCATED, RELATIVE GENERATION NUMBER
INCOMPATIBLE FOR SPECIFIED STATUS

rc=60030976
( BPXWDYN allocation failed S99ERROR=0x0394 S99INFO=0x0000 )

I may be missing something obvious, but it seems to me that the status
(DISP=SHR)  should be compatible with a relative reference of 0.

Thanks for any help.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies