Hi Jim....we had similar issues when going to z/OS 1.9, looked like
OA24615 at first, but ended up not being the case.

IBM found that we had a lot of sysout on the output queue with bits
STST1CTK and STST1APC turned on, which meant that SDSF had to get verbose
data from JES2 for each item, slowing things down.

We ended up putting on the fix for PK52910, modifying the config of an ISV
product to stop it creating sysout with STST1CTK on and having a really
good clean up of the spool.

Everything is pretty much ok now, except that we have found that there are
a couple of internal applications that put out sysout with STST1CTK on
(don't know why) which we need to keep an eye on...as still causes a bit
of grief if there ends up being a lot of their output on the queue.

Cheers...Jason.

Jim Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
09/09/2008 10:07 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
JES2/SDSF APAR OA24615 & Fixtest PK69442

To refresh memories, when z/OS V1R9 was implemented there was a SDSF
problem reported with very, very poor performance. It was tagged OA24615
and was opened up back in early 2008 or maybe earlier. I have been very
vocal with IBM about the impact it is causing my Production Control staff
especially on 2nd shift when they can not get out on time and go into
overtime pay not mention the general impact on productivity of the
ordinary
programmers including my tech support staff.

My recent inquiry says the fix will be out 12/26/2008 as PK69442 and would
like a fixtest of it. Has anyone already have the fixtest installed and
does it
indeed fix the performance problem. Seems like a rather a rather long
time, 3+
months to be out as fixtest, before it is released, if indeed it fixes the

problem. I would surmise either it fixes it or not.  Anyone like to
respond to
save me from installing and finding out it did not fix things.

jim

National Australia Bank Ltd - ABN 12 004 044 937
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately notify us at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or by replying to
the sender, and then destroy all copies of this email. Except where this email
indicates otherwise, views expressed in this email are those of the sender and
not
of National Australia Bank Ltd. Advice in this email does not take account of
your
objectives, financial situation, or needs. It is important for you to consider
these
matters and, if the e-mail refers to a product(s), you should read the relevant
Product Disclosure Statement(s)/other disclosure document(s) before making any
decisions. If you do not want email marketing from us in future, forward this
email
with "unsubscribe" in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED] in order to
stop marketing emails from this sender. National Australia Bank Ltd does not
represent that this email is free of errors, viruses or interference.