However, if you include the full source, won't SMP/E generate GENASM
entries for all macros, not just the JES2 ones? I think that the latter may
be the intent here. Also, will SMP/E detect macros that invoke other
macros, like the JES2 $MODULE macro commonly used in JES2 exits?

Maybe one could provide some form of synthetic source code in the JCLIN
which represents those macros which, if changed, would likely require
the exit to be reassembled,

Bill