Paul,

The free Co:Z toolkit allows you to support either '00xx' or 'xx00' RDWs for
transfers in either direction.
It uses SSH rather than FTP as its underlying connection protocol, however.

See:  http://dovetail.com/docs/coz/dsp-ref_fromdsn.html

In addition, you can also specify "-l mfrdw", which means that the data has
a "Microfocus"-style
file header and record RDWs.

The commands "todsn" and "fromdsn" can be used in three modes:

1) locally, on z/OS
2) initiated remotely from a Windows / Unix client
3) initiated from z/OS, where it launches a script on the remote system
which uses commands to reach back into the z/OS server

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies